
Two weekends ago, Josh and I went on a Graves family White Water Rafting trip to West Virginia. This trip included Josh's parents, Josh's twin and his wife, and Josh's sister and her boyfriend.
We drove to West Virginia on friday afternoon, rafted all day Saturday and then drove back. I of course, being from WV, would go rafting very often...but...this was different. The river we went on is only open at best for a month because it is so dangerous, it is mandantory to have a guide with you. To give you perspective, the last class 5 rapid that we went through was a 14 foot drop. (It was awesome by the way!) The trip was about 5 hours long, with a break in the middle when they grilled out lunch for us.

I have some pictures, none of them show any great rapids....I wanted to stay in the boat instead of flying out when I took a picture. Getting sucked under a rock isn't appealling to me! We were able to jump off of a rock at one point and swim a swimmer's rapid. None of us were thrown out accidently (although the twins loved to push people out). Before my family gets on here to tell on me, I did fall out of the boat. When we were getting back in our raft after lunch, I was walking around on a rock and slipped and fell under the water, everyone was laughing including me, when I for some reason got up and kept walking and walked off of the rock....and then I was way under!
4 comments:
It looks like you had a great time! Glad you made it back safely :)
Glad you are back. 14 Foot drop sounds great!! I am gald that you had fun!
Heck yeah!!! That looked fun! Glad you guys had fun!
If you had that on film you could have won $15,000 on AFV!
Post a Comment