Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun!


About two weeks ago, 9 girls received an invitation in the mail to a Sleepover. It read "You are Invited to a Girl's Sleepover with your Sunday School Class!"

My good friend Missy and I taught the kindergarten class this summer, when it changed to fall, my other good friend Caroline picked up teaching them. So...we thought it would be a blast to have them all over for fun and games with us!

We ended up having 7 girls arrive around 7PM on Friday. They were so excited, most of them were away from home for the first time for a sleepover. On my mantel, we had a tiara, princess wand, and gloves for each girl, and a bag of goodies.

During the course of the evening we played "Princess Says" (instead of Simon Says), Twister, iced cupcakes, watched movies, and giggled ourselves silly! The girls fell asleep around 11:30 with the occassional girl coming into my room to let me know they couldn't fall asleep. My favorite quote was from sweet little Abby Ockerman tipp-toeing into my room...."um, Miss Kara....I think I forgot how to fall asleep..."

The three of us teachers were woken up promptly at 7AM with a chant coming towards our room "wake up...wake up!" It was then that we realized we would be very tired that day! Here are some fun pictures:


5 comments:

Sean Stockman said...

That is really a sweet thing to do. Looks like those girls had a lot of fun. Forgetting how to fall asleep is a tough thing to deal with...glad she had you guys there to remind her!

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

So sweet! I am positive they all had a blast! I hope you have caught up on your sleep.

Kelly

Burcham Family said...

That is such a great idea! I am so glad you all took time to really get to know those precious girls and invest yourselves in their lives. I guarantee that they will always remember that experience! It looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

The girls are great. It was a lot of fun! We will have to do that again!

Kara you are so good at putting that stuff on.

PatrickMead said...

I LOVE this idea and your stories, Kara!!! I know these little girls and they are delightful. Thank you for doing this for them. They will never forget you.