Monday, June 26, 2006

Our First Home.












Everyone has probably given up on my blog already, it has been way too long since I last updated this. That won't be a habit, life has just been crazy lately!

Josh and I have been house hunting the past few weeks. After one big let down on a house and realizing that sometimes shady things go on in the realtor business we found our house. We walked through a total of 37 houses and saw every single house for sale on realtor.com in the area. We are both excited and overwhelmed at moving into a house, but it will be great!

For me, I am just excited to drive somewhere without being obsessed with how many houses are for sale on each street, writing them down while I am driving, and searching the internet for them later! How free my life is about to become!

Here are some pictures that I took on Sunday during the inspection. The home owners even left us cokes and home-made cookies to eat while we were there!

7 comments:

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Kara,
This is awesome!! I am so glad things worked out for you guys! How exciting...your 1st house!!

Congrats!
Kelly

P.S. May want to think about taking your address off the world wide web. Maybe that's just me...I worry about everything!

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

My wife the pesimist!!!

Congratulations! That is awesome! I can't wait to see Josh working on home projects!!!

Ash

Sean Stockman said...

Great job guys! now you can sit back and relax! Doesn't look like there is a whole lot of updating to do, the place is beautiful. Give us a buzz when your packing up...

Dan and Kate plus Nate said...

Wow! The house is beautiful! I bet you guys are so excited to move in! Congratulations. Dan and I are excellent movers and would love to help ya'll move!

Katie W.

Stephanie Corp said...

Congratulations Kara! I'm not too good at the whole packing and moving thing, but I'm really good at bringing food and cold beverages for the people who are doing the packing and moving! :) So, you guys just let me know when and I'll be there.

--Steph

P.S. If you want to stop in at Nathan's house again to get a few decorating pointers, I can set that up for you! :)

PatrickMead said...

A new blog! A new house! Kewl! I'm looking forward to seeing how you decorate it for Christmas. As for putting the address on the WWW, don't sweat it -- your brother the Marine has your back.

Anonymous said...

Kara,

I am sooo happy for you!! A house of your own! Its going to be so much fun a yard and everything. Can't wait to see it in person!