
I have been struggling as to what I should do for a blog about my trip to Nashville, I took so many pictures (227 to be exact!). It was a great weekend of catching up with friends and just hanging out like we used too! I moved a lot growing up, so I don't have a "home", but when I think of what feels like home I think of Nashville and Rochester. Rochester welcomed me and felt like home before I even moved here!
Nashville is a place that I decided to move to on my own, I chose what school and church I was going to go to, where I was going to work, clubs, and where I met friends that will be friends for the rest of my life. I really feel like I grew up there and figured out who I was. It is also the place where Josh and I dated and spent our first year of marriage...so a lot of big stuff happened in that town! As soon as the plane was in view of the rolling green hills of Tennessee I felt a welcoming peace to be back. I am really happy to be living in Michigan, I have found so many wonderful friends, a great small group, and the best church experience ever, I feel blessed to have two places where I belong and feel at home.
I thought in this blog I would introduce everyone to the people that mean a lot to me in Nashville. First would be my roommate from Junior year...Elizabeth Bumpus...or who is usually called "Bumpus" or "Roomie". We lived in the wonderful Fanning Hall at Lipscomb and I had the best semester ever living with her. She is full of sweetness and joy and has a huge servant heart. Bumpus was one of my bridesmaids, and as I told her at my wedding..."life would struggle if you weren't in my life." The picture below is of Bumpus and her sisters Meggie and Caroline...we took pictures of Meggie at her banquet.

The next person I visited was Emily Kirk, who was also my roommate in school and was also one of my bridesmaids. Emily and I actually met in high school (we both lived in West Virginia) at church camp. In college, we definitely brought out the silliness in eachother...you could find us playing in rain puddles, dying our hair, or trying on ugly prom dresses at Cool Springs. Below is Emily and my favorite meal from Chik-Fil-A....a crime that it isn't in the north!


I also spent time with two friends, both named Denise. Denise Monteath is a friend from working at Logans, we just seemed to click when I first started working there and have had fun together ever since. This time last year, I watched her tryout..and make it....to the Titans Cheerleading Squad, and she is about to tryout again this week. And the second picture is Denise, a fellow Nutrition major from Lipscomb who just finished her internship and is working as a Diabetes Counselor. The last picture, is Jennifer McKenzie and her baby Evie, I was able to go to small group with her again and we had lunch out with that sweet baby. Josh and Jennifer went to graduate school together and that is how we met!
Well, I have made this blog long enough...I will blog later about my trip to the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Ryman!



5 comments:
Kara - I just learned that there is a Chik-fil-a on the campus of OU. I guess you can just walk in and eat there on the campus. The only one known to be around here.
Glad you had a fun trip!
-Kelly-
Oh that is just so exciting....let's go and get some together next week!
Good for you to take that trip! Stuff like that is so important in life. We are sure glad to have you guys here in Rochester.
Photos of traffic lights and the inside of rental cars? Hmmmmm. Wonder how many photos you'll take if we can talk you and Josh into taking a cruise with us in February!
what can I say....maybe I am a little sentimental!
Post a Comment